Monday, March 7, 2011

Caffeine

Can I just say I LOVE it?! Caffeine is amazing when you haven't had it for awhile. I love the way it makes me feel. I want to do stuff - I want to organize and sort and be productive. I feel smart and I get SO much accomplished. I haven't had caffeine in over a month until today (Sunday). I had a fantastic day! I got things done that I haven't been able to figure out over the past week, I got 6 loads of laundry done, I got some pictures hung up and some plans made. My coming week seems doable. I also went for a hike, hung out with friends, took the kids shopping at 4 different stores, and it was a fabulous day. I haven't gone to sleep yet. It's 245am on Monday. It still feels like Sunday because I haven't slept yet. I have to laugh at myself because everything that was great about Sunday is going to be rotten on Monday. The day after will be horrid. I'll be tired, craving, stupid brained, lazy, and frustrated. I wish there was not a physiologic acclamation with chronic consumption. I wish the great feeling didn't go away. I wish that you didn't end up needing caffeine to feel normal after awhile instead of getting the high. I wish that Diet Pepsi wasn't the equivalent of poison.

All that said however, I will be thankful for what a great day I have had and Monday (now today) will be my new 'Day 1 - no caffeine'.

No comments:

Post a Comment