Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Each day is a new day

This is what I've been saying to my almost 9 year old lately. I'm trying to help him not get discouraged and feel defeated. My message to him is that each day he gets to choose what kind of day he has. Good or bad, but at the end of the day, let it go and the next day is a new beginning to choose again.

I spend a lot of time beating myself up for the poor choices I make health wise. What I should have eaten, what I should have done, the stairs I didn't climb today, the work day that ran long. I was hearing myself talk to my boy this afternoon and realized I should be talking to myself as well. Each morning I get to choose what kind of day I'm going to have and just because I mucked it up yesterday with tomato soup and cheesecake at my favorite restaurant today I can celebrate my successes. Well, maybe tomorrow I can celebrate a success or two. Not today. Grins. But I am going to practice what I preach and allow myself a new start tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment