Monday, March 14, 2011

Friends - Cyber and Otherwise

'Well, hello cyber friend' was a friendly greeting I received at church this weekend. It was from someone who I certainly consider a friend, but that I interact with more online than in person. We both live very busy lives and our social circles are peripheral. I have to say though, It was great to see her for a brief moment. Inspite of having been awhile since we have spoke in person, there was a connection and an awareness of what was going on with each other because of our cyber interactions. It made me happy. It made me feel cared about. It made me think. It made me realize that if I didn't have blogs (that I read, as well as this one), facebook, email, texting or whatever else, I would not feel as connected. I honestly don't have extra time. I don't spend much face-to-face social time. Whatever time I do have, I choose to spend with my family almost always. So, my cyber friends definitely matter. The love and support I feel here, in this blog - it matters. There's only a handful of you who read, but you matter. Thanks for being my friend. Thanks for caring. Thanks for making me feel like I matter. I am thankful for my friends, cyber or otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment