Saturday, January 1, 2011

The beginning of the rest.

I recently wrote my annual Christmas letter and focused it this year on the things in my life that I am passionate about. I realized that most of the things that really matter to me are already present. My family, traveling, building houses, photographs, and the Spanish language and cultures. I need to be more passionate about my personal health and weight so I can enjoy all these things to a greater depth.

Today is January 1st, 2011. It is the beginning of a new year, a new decade on the calendar and I am 3 days into my 40th year. Lots of firsts and starts today. For some reason I am ready. I've been saying I was ready to make the changes I have needed to for years now, but obviously I wasn't. Today - I am. Today - I will.

My goal and the purpose of this blog is to document and be real about my journey to a healthier me and my experience of getting to Machu Picchu. MP is this amazing place that I have always wanted to experience. Of all the places in the world, it is my top destination that I want to travel to. I have a really hard time taking time and resources for myself. Losing weight and changing my lifestyle for a more active one is a worthwhile goal however and a trip to hike Machu Picchu is motivating for me. I plan to blog about my weight loss and planning for my trek up this particular mountain. I plan to be honest about my successes and my failures.

I hope you enjoy the journey with me.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go girl! I'm so excited for you and very impressed with you attitude! Go for it! You will not be sorry!

    ReplyDelete