Monday, January 31, 2011

February in a new start.

Well - Today is the last day of January. I had great hopes for the end of the month when it started. I have not met my goals. I've not done well with my weight loss or controlling my eating. I have however been fairly consistent with my stair climbing over the past week or so. I climbed them again today - faster this time. I thought I was going to keel over but I made it to the top twice. I find it amusing that I can do thousands of 'steps' on my elliptical and not feel very winded, but when it comes to lugging all 250+ pounds of me up actual stairs.... well - winded would be an understatement.

I concluded today that exercise is what will keep me on the right path. My friend Shelly is right. It was easy to pass up the donuts sitting in the break room after I climbed stairs. So, tomorrow is the 1st of February. I'm going to restart a healthier eating plan and I'm going to keep climbing stairs. I'm going to weigh myself in the morning. Ugh. I know I wont like it, but I need to keep myself honest.

Here's to hoping February will be a better month!

No comments:

Post a Comment