Thursday, January 27, 2011

Stairs and Emotions

Well, today I climbed only 150 steps. Only climbed up to the top one time today. However, I'm still counting it as an accomplishment. Why? Well because I didn't have to stop. Tuesday when I climbed them I had to stop twice before I could get up once. Today I made it up without stopping. I wanted to puke when I got to the top, but I didn't have to stop. So, I am counting that as an improvement.

I'm having some real struggles with emotional eating. Someone very close to me that I love dearly recently was diagnosed with cancer. As I've been going to the doctor appointments and dealing with the potential outcomes I've done some eating. I seem to be very emotion in my decision making. I'm trying to keep one bad choice from blowing the whole day. I'm trying to get back on track immediately instead of weeks later. Tomorrow I'll be sitting in a room waiting for the surgery to be over. I'll be a 'patient's family' instead of the nurse providing the care. I'll be at the hospital where I work. I'm thinking I will go climb stairs while I wait. Perhaps that will help me keep from choosing food.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how awful! I'm so sorry friend! Climbing the stairs is an excellent, excellent plan!! Wish I could come climb them with you tomorrow. I would if I could! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete