Monday, January 24, 2011

Failure

I have completely and totally fallen off the path. Donuts, Licorice, Ice cream, Breads, Pasta, all the food items that will NOT help me reach my goal. Nor have I exercised. Not once. I am trying to figure out what the heck is up with my relationship to food. It doesn't make me happier in the long run but at the moment that I'm trying to say no to cheesecake, I can't seem to do it. So I eat it. And it's good. And then I'm berating myself for making that choice and then I feel defeated... so I go find donuts to make myself feel better. I've gained 3 pounds. I haven't measured, but my clothes would indicate my inches have returned as well.

My husband is an amazing, supporting, never critical of my weight kind of guy. He has recently become very frustrated with my lack of follow through on our new eating plan / lifestyle. He's doing really well. He's being consistent both in his eating choices and his weight loss. He doesn't really care that I'm overweight for aesthetics, he just wants me to be health and he wants me to be his partner in this journey as well. I understand. I get it, I really do. I'm floundering.

He left today on a week long business trip. I haven't eaten any sugar today. I've eaten healthy all day. I've drank my water. I'm going to exercise tonight. I'm going to. I'm going to. I need to. I will.

3 comments:

  1. I guess that must be what people refer to in regards to taking things one day at a time... I constantly sabotage myself and never know why...
    I do find that it helps me to read lables, making myself more aware of what I'm about to put into my mouth instead of just shoving it in. Also, if I put of whatever I'm craving for a specific amount of time...10 min and try to distract myself that has helped.
    Excersise has been the key for me. NOt because of any weight loss, but because it just helps my mental health so much! It also makes me feel better about myself so I don't want to eat and ruin whatever benefits the exercise gave me... Chin up friend! The fight is not over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for you comments Shelly! I tried the 10 minute distract myself idea today and I was surprised at much it helped. Thanks for the suggestion! I also exercised today. I intend to keep at it. Machu Picchu here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. <3 <3 <3 hugs <3 <3 <3 self-sabotage... I have cycles of this myself... the fact that you are writing about it means that you are not going to lose this battle... you may have some crappy days ahead... just keep pushing... keep fighting it... and when you make a bad choice, have a bad day, week, whatever... who cares... remind yourself that it is a journey, it won't happen overnight but it will happen.

    ReplyDelete