Saturday, January 15, 2011

Emotional Eating

I have completely fallen off my eating plan. This has been a hard week.

Steven's cousin died. She died because she over ate, was overweight and got type II diabetes. She was non-compliant and uncooperative with her diet. She died from an infection in her foot. That was complicated from poor circulation secondary to her diabetes. So - in essence, she died because she ate too much. She made her choices, food was a comfort to her. She chose food over living. Not just once, but every time she ate something that wasn't healthy for her, she made a choice.

Our friend died this week too. She was young, healthy, beautiful. She exercised, ate healthy, made good choices. She died from Pancreatic Cancer. Doesn't make any sense.

So - I've ate like crap. All sorts of foods that don't help me be a healthier person. I'm still unsure why feeling sad or emotional makes me eat. I need to realize what my triggers are. I need to be able to control it. I don't want to die early because of a piece of cheesecake. I need to be able to deal with emotions in a different way.

I will keep working on that self realization because my husband should never have to sit through a funeral for me that could be prevented.

1 comment: