Thursday, January 6, 2011

Dairy Queen

Well, Today is day 6 of this new year, the new me, the me that is going to experience Machu Picchu. My eating has been healthy. Beans, Veggies, good fats and protein. I have only lost 2.5 lbs which does not seem like a lot for the initial start to new eating. I expected to drop weight much quicker. That said, I am not discouraged because we have been measuring and my total measurements have decreased by just shy of 12". THAT seems like a lot. Very encouraging.

It's a good thing I felt encouraged by this morning finding today. I took my kids through the Dairy Queen drive through this evening after appointments and lessons. I did NOT have a blizzard. I wanted one. I even salivated sitting there in that drive through. But I did not have one. I came home and my wonderful husband made me a very yummy and healthy dinner. I do love him so.

We are planning to eat very healthy 6 of the 7 days of a week. I am adding a blizzard to my wish list for our cheat day.

1 comment:

  1. I know how hard it can be to overcome those temptations...but it feels so very good when you do!

    ReplyDelete