Monday, April 18, 2011

New Week

It's Sunday night. The house is quiet. The kids are in bed, my husband is doing his thing. I'm watching an episode of Survivor and contemplating my coming week.

My cravings are still well under control. I even had some sugar this weekend and am doing fine. I'm so very happy about that. I've lost about 6 pounds this past week. I'm sure that the coming weeks will not be so generous, but I'm pleased to have some progress.

My work schedule will be changing this coming week. I will be working every day, shorter hours. I'm trying to wrap my head around that. I need to make it a positive and use the consistency to help me get some habits formed with my exercise. It also means that I wont have to take a lunch break at work so I can do all my eating at home. I like that idea a lot. I plan to keep up my healthy eating this week. I also plan to increase my water intake. I plan to be a better person.

I was reminded today that good intentions don't result in action. There can be permanent results to not acting on intentions. Intent is not enough. I have to do.

I have to admit, a simple life, uncomplicated, living off the land, simple, hard work, but simple, is very appealing to me today. I hate making mistakes. I hate letting those I love down. I hate letting myself down. Learn from it. That's what I teach my kids. It's only a bad mistake if you don't choose to learn from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment