Monday, April 4, 2011

Eat adequate protein at every meal.
Eat within an hour of waking.
Eat healthy fats.
Eliminate all "white" food – refined sugar, flour, and cereals.
Remember to hydrate.
Eat balanced meals.

If only it were that easy! I suppose this is all the bazillion diet books out there actually say, but I think I need a list to fix what's wrong with my head.

I have been thinking often since Saturday about what obstacles are in my way to succeeding. A good friend of mine shared some thoughts about this topic and I've been pondering it.

So, here's a few of the things that come to mind:

- my own self image hasn't caught up
- too busy taking care of everyone else that I don't make time to take care of me
- weirdly unmotivated to make it a priority (apparently I'd just rather wallow in it)
- being a vegetarian complicates things
- competing demands - for instance, I've been interrupted 100 times just while typing this post so far.
- getting up early to exercise wakes up my middle child who of all of them NEEDS his sleep.
- eating on the run and doing it healthy is really hard
- I hate to cook

wow, there's so many more. I have to run - I have two kids sitting here saying, let's go. More soon.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had some words of wisdom or any way really to make the trek any easier for you, I really do. I could also add to your list of road blocks... exercising is hard, sometimes it physically hurts, thinking about what I'm going to eat just makes me hungry... but I also wish there was some way I could just say... Suck it up and get to it, you are an amazing person, an amazing mom, and there is nothing that you cannot do if only you want to do it... But the one thing that stands out to me in your road blocks above is that you really need to somehow and I'm not sure how, but you need to have an hour in the day that is all to yourself. Time to workout or even just time to think and plan. I wish I lived closer... I'd drag you to some yoga classes, kicking and screaming if I had to... There is always going to be road blocks... so knock em' down. <3

    ReplyDelete