Friday, April 8, 2011

Positive or Nothing?

So, I don't know what to do. I'm still new to blogging.

What am I supposed to do when I can't seem to find anything positive to say. Do I share? Do I write what's on my mind? It's not very pretty this week. I know you all would be supportive, but there's nothing anyone can do. So, do I be Debbie Downer? Any of you who know me at all know that I'm really bad a pretending or being anything other than what I am at the moment. So, I've been quiet.

I've rearranged furniture. I've cried. A lot. I've eaten comfort foods. I've listened to music. (Suzanne - do you know that I pull up your blog into a background window just so I can listen to your playlist? Thanks for sharing great tunes!) I've played in the dirt with my starts and even planted some tulips because those things usually make me happy. (Shelly- I haven't looked at them this morning yet. I'm scared they will be all droopy from the freeze too. Sigh. I'm ready for a real spring and summer this year.)

I'm going to share pictures of my new living room/dining room configuration. In an effort to quit fighting with my kids over where they eat, I rearranged. The kids want to watch TV while they eat. This is fine with me (except when we are having family breakfast or dinner). However, the food spillage in the living room makes me a crazy, horrible parent. They can't seem to stop spilling, in spite of their promises. I can't seem to let go of my need to not have food stains on my furniture. So, I moved the table. Now they can eat at the table and see the TV. I'm surprised how much I like it. I don't really have any before pictures, but the two chairs that are now a 'sitting area' in the dining area off the kitchen traded places with where the table is now.



This next picture is special to me. These are the moments I hope my kids remember.



Well, they are a little droopy, but I think they will make it.







I'm sitting here thinking that the rabbits water probably froze last night too, so I'm off to go take care of them and enjoy the sunshine that is shining bright. My man comes home today. I'll cling to that. I'm home from work unexpectedly yesterday and today. I plan to make the most of it.

2 comments:

  1. Dang your house looks clean woman!!!! Wanna come do mine???
    I LOVE that you love the music. I try to change it up often. So glad that someone besides me enjoys it!
    Oh and also LOVE the Grandma photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious! I love the pic of your mom with the kids...
    Your tulips look good! Gorgeous even :) Mine snapped back up in the sun yesterday and opened so wide I was worried they would fall apart and now this morning they seem to have regained their usually shape...Wish I could do that :)
    Hugs friend! Your house looks amazing! I would love to come sit in the sitting area and share a cup of Chai with you sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete