Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Feeling down

So I started healthier eating yesterday. I've done okay with my choices but I'm grumpy, frustrated and craving the 'bad for me' foods. I don't want to be this person anymore. (The kind of person who cries over not being able to eat the cheesecake.) I need to work on celebrating my health and the potential health I can achieve. The cheesecake is not worth it. Nothing is worth my health. Nothing is worth not living long enough to enjoy my kids as adults or know my future grand kids.

So, why do I want the cheesecake then? I need to stay focused on this goal. The goal of getting to Machu Picchu. The rest of it must be too surreal to make a difference today in my brain. But this mountain, these ruins, I want to experience them. So, today I'm going to go exercise. I'm not going to eat cheesecake or whatever else will not nourish my body.



I love this view of Machu Picchu (The old mountain) seen from the Huayna Picchu (The young mountain). It's a different perspective that most of the pictures you see. You can climb Huayna Picchu once you are inside Machu Picchu. Only 400 permits are issued a day. It's a really steep climb and at some points there are steel cables to help you stay on the trail.



This picture is looking at Huayna Picchu from Machu Picchu. On top of Huayna Picchu is another trail that leads to the Gran Caverna and the Temple of the Moon. These are natural caves. I have no interest in caves, but I plan to climb Huayna Picchu while I'm there.

1 comment:

  1. Good job exercising yestderday! Take it one day at a time!
    Focus on what makes you feel good!

    ReplyDelete