Saturday, July 16, 2011

24 hours

I am thankful for a 24 hour moment.

My kids - all three of them - were occupied with other things. Away at Big Lake summer camp or at camp meeting. My husband was travelling. My mom was busy with her sister.

And me? Well - No one needed me. I think it's the first time I can recall since I became a mother that this was the case. My BFF and I decided to spontaneously run away for 24 hours. We went to Sisters,OR because I needed to pick up two kidlets Friday afternoon at Big Lake.

We stayed in Five Pine Lodge which is these individual cabins scattered all over the property with a little creek right outside our windows. It was so relaxing, quiet and comfortable. Big soaking tub and comfy chairs to chill in. We ate dinner at Black Butte - I think it's the best food I've ever had. It was fabulous. I would drive three hours just to have dinner again. We walked around on the nature trails around the lake and watched the sun set behind the mountains. We practiced grounding and laughing.





The next morning we headed to the spa for spa relaxation. The wandered around Sisters - it's a great little town. Loved it.



It wasn't hard to pick up my kidlets. It was great to see them. It was hard to say goodbye to Cham. Had a lovely dinner with Cham, Trav and the girls before heading home.



It was really hard to come home. This house and all the work and responsibility that lives in it and comes with it. I'm trying to figure out how to bring some of that relaxed Jill home and keep her here.

No comments:

Post a Comment