Monday, February 7, 2011

The plan for the week



I found some great information about the different areas of Machu Picchu. I tracked down some photos that show the different areas as well. I find the different areas to be fascinating, imagining what they actually were doing while the Incans lived there.



The main gate is where I can easily imagine entering the city for the summer or a vacation. I'd go back and experience it as it was just for a few moments in time if I could.

When shall we plan our trip? The time of year matters. Machu Picchu is located in a subtropical zone, or dense wood, the reason why the climate is mild, warm and damp, with an average year-round temperature of 13C during the day. There are two distinct seasons during the year: the rainy season from November to March, which is a time of heavy rains. Visitors are advised to dress accordingly during this season. The dry season from April to October brings on higher temperatures. This season is usually when people visit.



The question is to try to travel when it's beautiful and green and possibly rainy and cold - it is rather high elevation OR go when it should be sunny and beautiful but the grass may dry and brown. I'll have to give that some thought.



I'm going to share the various areas that I was reading about over the next week. The captions are largely not my words, I grabbed them from site I was reading from.

I had a good week this past week with my diet and exercise. I am going to try to get up in the mornings before work and get some exercise in and I plan to keep on walking up the stairs this week. I will continue to picture myself walking the stairs of Machu Picchu as inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment