Thursday, May 19, 2011

Craaaazy day today!

This was the busiest - run aroundest day I have had in a long time. I went to work, clocked in, worked, left for something, returned, clocked back in... three times. Yep - three. I took the kidlets to the orthodontist. Ethan ends up needing to be bracketed asap, so Monday it is. That's a check I wasn't planning for, but I'm all about fixing things if there's a problem. Elleri is getting some baby teeth pulled. She'll be facing serial extractions until her teeth are all in. Sigh. Okay - positive and thankful.... we have a very talented orthodontist and I'm certain the kids will look amazing when they are done. We can come up with the money even though it wasn't what was planned. Ethan's headgear wearing will happen outside of school hours. There. That's three positives about that. It's a good habit I"m trying to create here.

On a totally happy side - tonight was Gallery Night at the kids school. I absolutely LOVE this night. It's my favorite school program of the whole year. The art program at their school is strong and the kids work on projects all year long then on gallery night they have the walls plastered with art and you walk through like a gallery. They have the BGHS jaz choir singing, craft and art projects for the kids to do, they have local artists with their art and showing the kids what you can do with what they are learning. I think every school should have a Gallery Night.

I always take pictures of the kids with their masterpieces because I'm not a paper saver. Here's some of them to share. My kids are so proud of their work.



Ask Elleri about Monet - they learn art history and appreciation as well as art skills. She's taught me a thing or two. Ethan's 'Monet Lily' was collaged with all the other kids lilies and pads to make a Monet like picture. I wish I'd take a photo of the whole thing - it was really cool. They work with all sorts of mediums and papers. It's a great program.

This is Elleri's 'Picasso Cat'. In the theme of the artist they were studying.



Each classroom had an insect and there was a BIG insect and then little ones for each kid. Ethan's class had ladybugs.

The best moment of my day is the fact that my man is home. Life is best when he's near. I'm sleepy and heading to bed. Hope you all had a good day too.

No comments:

Post a Comment