Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

Sunday - Mother's Day - Domingo

Today has been fabulous! I slept in a bit, the kids trying to be ever so quiet. I half wonder if their quiet was why I didn't sleep longer. I'm in the habit of always investigating quiet children. Grins.

Positives for today:

1. I still have my mother to celebrate today. We don't know if we will have another year with her or not, but TODAY, I got to hug her today and tell her that I love her so. She's an amazing woman and I'm so thankful that she lives so close and is so involved in my and my families life. We're all better for her presence.

2. My amazing husband took me out to breakfast and then chauffeured me to get a manicure and pedicure. There's something especially luxurious about being driven to be pampered. Best husband ever!

3. My kids gave me the sweetest home made cards. All three of them. Ethan's was my favorite because when I read it out loud, he got very shy and admitted that he didn't know what it said. He had just copied it off the board. It said: 'Here's a gift for Mother's Day. I'll try my best in every way, but when you get upset with me, relax and have a pot of tea. Love Ethan.' It was a cute colored teapot shaped card with a bag of tea in it. Ethan's response was the best.

4. My toes are RED and I like them.

5. I did well at just loving and living in each moment. Savoring the preciousness. It felt amazing.

2 comments:

  1. Great to see you blogging again! You have been missed! So happy you had some pampering on this the most special of all holidays! You're family is blessed to have you! Hugs

    ReplyDelete