Saturday, May 14, 2011

Saturday - Sábado

Today was a lovely day.

1. I was able to spend almost an hour in the car with my eldest and his friends. I love that time with him. I always learn something about him. I like his friends too.

2. My aunt and uncle dropped by today from California. It was actually really nice to see them. I enjoyed them both more than I was expecting too. Family is good.

3. I had a chance to chat with my friend Shelly for a moment. It was nice. I wish we could sit down over a cup of chai tea and just catch up, but I'll take the moment. I like her very much and I'm so thankful for friends. Good friends make my world a better place.

4. MY HUSBAND IS HOME!!!!! Speaking of the world being a better place, I like my world best when he's in it. At the moment, I'm listening to him laughing with Ethan in the other room. He's essentially been traveling since yesterday afternoon and today was a crazy day of delays and false starts in his effort to get home. He's on a couple hours of sleep and I LOVE this man because as tired as he is, he still finds the reserves to take a moment with his kids, laugh together and let them know they matter to him.

1 comment:

  1. Ah...I like you to Jill! Life is just too crazy! So glad Steven finally made it home! Thanks again for driving the kid!

    ReplyDelete