Monday, May 23, 2011

Lots to be happy about today.


It's an interesting process to sit down and process all the good out of my day because I spent a good deal of it in tears and angry to the point of shaking. However, there was good and that's what I'm choosing to focus on.

1. Ethan got braces on today!! He's only 9, but it needed to happen to correct his bite. He did fantastic and is rather proud of himself. I think he's so cute. He's certainly growing up and he's making great strides with his behavior and processing. I'm simply proud of him.

2. After two weeks in grad school my average is 96%. That's an A. Anything below 95% is an A- in this class so I don't think I'll be feeling over confident any time soon. I'll take the A though. I so appreciate my husband for being so supportive and creating the time for me to get the studying in. There's something really amazing about a man who makes you a priority. It feels fantastic. Thank you baby.

3. Beverages - I am kicking my caffeine habit. I had one cup of green tea today. No soda, no black tea, nothing but water and the lone cup of green tea. I always feel better when I'm simply a water drinker. I need to feel as good as I can, so here we go. I hate breaking a caffeine habit but the results will be worth it.

4. I also decided today to remove sugar and simple carbs. I'm tired of myself. So - today I just decided I was finished with my habits. I am really proud of myself too because I ended up at Burgerville, Wendy's and the bakery today. I purchased what I was there for other peoples but I did not get anything for myself. I came home and made my self a healthy food choice. It's been a long time since I've found that level of self control, so I'm going to celebrate it for today. Today I have eaten well. I have been healthy and respected myself. I feel good about it.

5. I was having a moment today. A moment of tears and anger and frustration - I ended up talking to my friend Lexi. I don't see Lex very often, she lives south of the river and around the bend. We joke that I live in Canada and she lives in Mexico because sometimes it feels just that far away. However, today when I really needed it, Lexi understood. She stepped up and took care of me. Right when I was feeling overwhelmed as a caregiver and hating the situation, she helped me step back, take a fresh look, and offered to take some of the load. I'm so thankful for friends.

6. I can go to bed early and since my caffeine withdrawal is in full swing, bed sounds amazing!! We're doing some remodeling so that my mother can have a private space to call her own. So, I'll need my energy!

No comments:

Post a Comment