Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Tuesday - Martes

Well - Tuesday was interesting. Crazy busy. So crazy busy that I am just now blogging about it.

Good things about Tuesday:

1. I went to school, my first day of class. I told my kids that I went to my own class and they didn't believe me. Yet, it's true. I've started grad school. I'm going to WSU and my official course of study is the Family Nurse Practitioner program. I will end up with my Doctorate of Nursing Practice (DNP) with my Master's degree along the way. It's a crazy undertaking at this point in life but every door has opened to indicate that now is the right time. I believe in doors, and I'm walking through it. Check out this text book though! It's HUGE. Jake was quite impressed because the pages are small print too. I have 180 of those small print pages to read for my first week.



2. I'm thankful for my job. My work is allowing me to work flexible hours so that I can morph my work around a class schedule. I'm very fortunate that I can go to school while maintaining my job. I went to work after I finished my class. It worked out just fine.

3. My husband is so proud of me for getting accepted to the program and for undertaking more schooling. He surprised me with a pair of earrings for congratulations. They are being made and I get to pick them up on Friday. I haven't worn earrings in years, but I will wear these. I'm very excited and pleased. It's one of the few times he has completely surprised me. He's such an amazing husband.

Well, that was Tuesday. It feels like I'm starting on a journey that will help me become who I choose to be. It was a good day.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I didn't know this until this morning! We are both in school! I'm so glad you are doing it! That book looks crazy! You're so smart! Way to go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shelly! We'll get through it and be happy we did it! I'm excited to have a friend who is doing it too.

    ReplyDelete