Friday, May 13, 2011

Thursday - Jueves AND Friday - Viernes

Well, blogger was on strike yesterday so I was unable to post that I had an amazing day. So, today I am going to talk about Thursday and today.

Thursday -

1. I am feeling so very thankful for my house. I love this house. It's simple, yet amazing. The timing that it was completed, the history with the land, the fact that we are living here after trying to sell the land so many times. It just all feels like we we're supposed to be here. I love how it sits on an axis to the sun that keeps it warm and full of winter sun in the winter and yet it's cool and full of diffuse light in the summer that doesn't increase my utility bills. I am looking forward to someday getting our deck on the back and throwing a party with outdoor lights strung about, several intimate tables with fresh flowers, good food and great friends. I have been picturing this setting for a party since before we even broke ground to build the house. One day I'll throw this party and I'll invite you.

2. I ended up with 4 hours of being home alone yesterday. It was luxurious. The housekeeper had just left, the kids were off to a birthday party, the eldest was at a friends studying. It was sunny, quiet, clean - a small moment of nirvana.

I studied. I was quiet for a bit. I sat in the sun. I studied in the sun. I ate yummy food. I didn't answer my phone. I wore sunglasses. It was a peaceful, near perfect moment.


3. I'm sure there was a third something, but 1 and 2 were just so amazing, I can't remember.

FRIDAY - VIERNES

1. I did not work today, at least not at my job. I chaperoned a 2nd grade field trip to OMSI. It ended up being a lovely day. I enjoyed my boy and we all just had a great time. I'm thankful for a flexible schedule so I can do such things. I recently read Suzanne's blog about her kids and soccer and it made me think about years past when I scrambled about like a crazy woman trying to rearrange my work schedule, get people to work for me, trade shifts, etc in order to go to Jake's games. Come fall, with this job, I can simply go in early on the days that there are games. What a treat.

2. I picked up my new earrings today and in an effort to actually wear them I had an interesting moment. The holes in my ears had shrunk. I have had pierced ears since I was a teenager, but haven't really worn earrings for the past 10 years or so. Working in the ER complicated such things because patients sometimes grab at them. Not wanting to get my earlobes torn, I just got out of the habit. Well, my new earrings wouldn't go all the way through because they have screw backs (which are a bit bigger than standard) and it's been so long. The best option is to have the holes stretched open instead of shoving them through (risking tearing) or getting re-pierced. So, I ended up in NE at a piercing/tattoo shop. IF that sentence alone doesn't give you a visual of me being very out of place, I'll just say that I did not fit in. However, they treated me like I was a regular, they did a fabulous job, my earrings are in and it only cost me $5. I don't feel out of my element very often and it was an interesting experience. I love my new look.

3. This one should be: "My husband's coming home tonight!". However, he's not. They missed their flight and couldn't get out on a replacement flight tonight. He will be home tomorrow afternoon. It's a bummer. However, since I'm committed to finding the positives - the silver lining here has to be that I will end up with more time to study for my first quiz due this weekend. I'm not sure how I feel about a timed, 50 question quiz. It sure sounds like a test to me. However, I'm going to give it my best shot and study, study, study. Cell metabolism anyone? Good thing I love this stuff!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you are having so many positives :) It definately helps our attitude! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete