Monday, May 30, 2011

It's a new week.

Thanks for your prayers. I felt them. I appreciated the private messages too. Things are better. I'm better. Mom's doing better.

1) It was a very very busy weekend, but thanks to my friend Lexi (she brought a bed, mattress and a full set of adorable linens, down comforter and pillows) and her husband Kent (who came with a truck full of saws, his tool belt and years of expertise. My mom now has a private space with a door and can call it all her own. She is loving it! We still need to go some drywall taping and painting and get some electric pulled (scheduled for Thursday) and then she can fully move in. She is happy, relaxed and seems very content. That makes it all worth it.


2) I was on call for the first time since January. Call pay used to easily be 50% of my income and when life got upended in January I quit taking call. I started my new job, mom got diagnosed, I started grad school and I just didn't have emotional or logistical room for it. Now, here it is the end of May. I have finally started to look up and look around. I haven't balanced my checkbook or played with our finances since January. My husband's income has been regular this spring and it was perfect timing to not have to worry about that piece. However - I have finally started looking ahead and realizing that sooner than later that call income will be missed. So, I worked call. It was great actually. I had forgotten just how validating it is to make call back pay. It feels great. I admit - I am very motivated by money. I love making it. I am also reminded that I'm good at my job. It feels good to be proficient at something.

3) Week three of school is done. 25% finished and holding at 96%. I'm trying to decide how many classes to take Fall term. How long do I want to be in school? What am I willing to decrease time on to make room for classes? I'm currently registered for 10 credits. That's considered full time for grad school. Steven will probably be travelling again come fall. I just don't know. I may need to just do 6 or 8 credits. I have such a tendency to jump in with great intent and bite off more than I should. I would take 18 credits if I could because from 10-18 the cost is the same. That's 8 'free' credits. I know I can't handle work, kids, mom and 18 credits. At least I know my limits.

4) I am so proud of my eldest. I just like him. It takes a big person to hear a criticism,choose to listen, absorb the information and then make change. He has done this in a couple areas and I'm so pleased with him.

5) I had some great quality time with my man yesterday. I'm thankful for him. He makes me so very happy on so many levels. He exceeds my expectations on a daily basis. He has been so supportive and completely wonderful. Thank you baby.

My goal for this week is to get my school paper and quiz done and turned in before the weekend. I want to hang out with my man on Saturday and then Sunday I want to paint and finish up my mom's new room. I'd like to do it all without having school work hanging over my head. So, I'm going to get busy and see if I can get my paper written today. I hope we all have a good week!

PS - I was digging into my reading material for this week and there is only 80 pages of material!!! Last week was 380 pages, so this feels easy! Yeah!

1 comment: