Thursday, June 2, 2011

Electricity and other good stuff

1) I rushed off to work this morning to do patient care. Yep - I actually took care of patients today. It was nice. Great family to work with and she was sick so there was lots for me to do. Felt good again. it also made me really grateful for my normal flexible hours. There is normally no stress about getting out of the house if I am running 15 mins late for not. If I get in a bit later - I work a bit later. It all works out. Patients need you to be there when you're supposed to be. Just a different morning dynamic that made me appreciate my normal flexibility.

2) I left electricians at my house. They were pulling some outlets for us. I just love anything to do with construction. I adore the process. It was exciting to come home to change.

3) My husband. AMAZING. He spent quite a bit of time today doing my chores so when I came home from work today I could have a relaxing evening. I know - most people thing chores are a shared thing - most things are - but laundry and dishes are a clear division. I do all the laundry. I don't fuss about picking up clothes where ever they land. I make sure his drawers and closet are full of clean and ready clothes. He, on the other hand, does all the dishes. I don't even have to clear my spot at the table. He will come home from trips sometimes to several days in the sink and he utters not a word, just cheerfully does the dishes while I unpack his suitcase. It works for us and there is rarely a variance. Today - he folded, washed, put away, did it all. I came home to a beautiful clean room rather than the one that was full of laundry - clean and dirty - I was behind on. True Love.

4) So You Think You Can Dance - anybody watching?!?! It's going to be good this year - next week starts Vegas week. We LOVE this show!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE SYTYCD!!! The talent this year is awesome! You are lucky about dishes. I get dishes and laundry... but I do mostly get to be at home so I won't complain.

    ReplyDelete