Thursday, June 16, 2011

The ER and a few other moments.

1) I visited the ER last night at my hospital. I used to work there. It was very affirming. It makes me feel liked. Mom and I were taken directly back. Treated promptly. The MD knew me, the nurses knew me and my mom felt like a queen. Now, I personally feel like this particular ER gives their best to any patient who comes through the door, but my mom and dad think it's all because of me. I try to tell them, but they don't listen. Anyways - It felt good. It felt good to be acknowledged, welcomed and respected. I miss my ER days some. We got in and out very promptly (Mom's fine) and I was asleep by 2am. 6am came early and this afternoon makes the nap I can not take right now a worthy dream.

2)I worked in the same day surgery area of surgical services today. I worked with patients. It was a blast. I think I might even miss patients. It felt amazing to be making a difference in their day.

3) My house is full of extra kids this afternoon. It's loud, crazy and good. I love when my kids are all home.

4)Shakespeare: He's our amazing, coolest, declawed, indoor, fraidy cat. He prefers to be where we are at any given time. He also makes the rounds before bed. He will go snuggle each of the kids and then Steven and I and now mom too. Then he chooses a place to sleep - it varies from room to room. He loves us all. He's the coolest cat I've ever had and even Steven likes him a little (which really says how cool he is.)

My mother texts me at work asking if I've seen him. It would appear he got locked out last evening and spent the night outside. With our ER adventure no one noticed he was missing til this morning. We have coyotes and other nasties that come out at night and I'm immediately in tears. The 4 hours of sleep and no breakfast probably didn't help my emotional stability any. The last time he got out he only came when I called. Well, I called as soon as I got home from work and he came again today. He was filthy and scared and I didn't care. I was just thankful. Thankful that he's home, in one piece and asking for hugs. (He head butts until I pick him up then he buries his head in my neck with a paw on each side of my neck.)

5) I'm excited about some landscaping. I've walked the property with two companies so far. They have interesting ideas and thoughts. I'm looking forward to them offering up some bids and seeing how much of it we can actually get done. Happy Dance for a cleaned up property!

No comments:

Post a Comment