Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Torrential Downpour

I LOVE it when it just pours! I love the sound of it on the roof, I love the look of it through the windows. When Jake and I lived in Costa Rica six months of the year is the 'wet season' and six months of the year is the 'dry season'. The wet season was beautiful weather per normal except for between 2p-4p. During those two hours the skies would open, these huge rain drops would pour down, thunder and lighting everywhere, the streets would have flash rivers running down them... it was phenomenal. Then it would stop, the sun would come back, the blue sky would shine and the day would continue. Jake and I always tried to be home when the deluge started. We would sit on our covered patio in a rocking chair. We would count the seconds between the lightening and the thunder, we would watch the water pour down, we would cuddle and chat. They were precious moment. This afternoons downpour took me back. I love that little boy. He just grabbed me and wrapped me up in a huge man hug. He's not so little anymore, but I'm thankful that he still loves to snuggle.

I was going to post pictures of Jake and I in Costa Rica on the porch, but my husband and my boy want to snuggle and watch So You Think You Can Dance. So - I'm off. Pictures can wait for another day. HappY JunE!

No comments:

Post a Comment