Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Responsibility


This is what I made this evening. I am going to hang it up in my office. I think it's pretty, calm, and a good message. I hope people get it.

It's not my words. They are from Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor. (Yes, Although we are both named Jill and I will also have a doctorate to call my own someday, that's not why I like her message) She wrote a book called My Stroke of Insight that I plan to read, she gave a TED talk about ber experience, but mostly she just put it out there:

You are responsible for the energy that you create for yourself, and you're responsible for the energy that you bring to others.

I LOVE THIS! I'm posting my little homemade reminder in my office in the morning. I'm hoping that people react POSITIVELY!

Today was a good day. School this morning - work this afternoon - kid snuggles this evening.

I have my midterm this week and I'm right on the edge of an A to an A-. This particular teacher drops you to an A- at 95%. Makes getting the ever desired A rather difficult, but I'm chasing it anyways. Any points matter - so I will be studying this week! Shelly - send some of your 100% my direction. *grins

I'm getting bids on some landscape clean up this week too. I have to admit to being really excited about the idea of getting some order to the outdoors. I might even have to buy a lawnmower. I was anti grass when we moved in here, but the weeds are just so persistent and grass is an affordable alternative. Maybe one of the landscapers will be brilliant and have a great alternative. *crosses fingers. I really just wish we could go ahead and put on the deck and such. All in good time.

It's sleepy time for me... sweet dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment