Monday, June 13, 2011

New Plan for work

Go In To Work Early!

If I go into work early, then I get to leave early. This has two effects. One - I only have to be around negative energy for about 1-2 hours that way. Just when she's getting rolling I'm on my way out the door. That works for me. Second - I was home at 11am today and I felt like I had the day off work!! It was awesome. I accomplished a lot of stuff that has been needing attention.

I had a REALLY terrific, feel good about what I got done, day.

I TIVO all of my TV that I choose to watch. I have an aversion to commercials, so I have made fast friends with my DVR (that really isn't a TIVO anymore) ANYWAYS.... I recorded the Oprah final show awhile back. I'm not a huge Oprah fan, but I've watched from time to time over the years, so I thought I'd see what she had to say for her last show. It was an interesting show - she basically shared what she has learned from the people in her audience and her guests over the years. There was one thing in particular that I found really fascinating and inspiring. She had a guest on the show years ago that had had a traumatic brain injury and was talking about the energy that people give off as they came and went from her hospital room. Happy, Sad, Negative, Competent, Indifferent. She couldn't speak or communicate or see, but she could tell what and who was in her room by their energy. She said everyone gives off energy and that we are responsible for our own energy and it's message. Now, don't think I'm all new age-y or anything but I totally get what she's talking about. When you interact with people you are impacted by their energy. The negative people can bring you down, the happy people can bring you up, the optimists can change your mind. I think most people are unconscious of their energy footprint. We don't realize how our energy spills over to those around us.

Well - I'm going to try to surround myself with positive energy. If I'm around people who cannot seem to find a positive thought - I will counter their negative energy with my positive thoughts and comments. I am choosing to be cheerful and positive. I don't want to be anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment