Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I am thankful for my husband, friends and community.

My mom is in the ICU. She nearly died yesterday. It looks like she will pull through, but it's been a bit stressful in my world.

My husband is simply the most amazing and wonderful, perfectly supportive, fantastic man. He was first on the scene with my mom and stepped in. He has been exactly what I've needed to support me and allow me to support my mom and dad.... and he took me to a RUSH concert tonight that was the best break in my stress level imaginable. He is everything I need and want. I'm so thankful for him.

I stopped by VBS tonight. I am tired, stressed, trying to juggle kids, hospital stays etc. I walked into the church lobby and I was surrounded by friends. No one knew my mom was in the ICU or that I'm feeling pretty maxed. I was greeted with smiles, support, assistance, and hugs. I can't say how much that meant to me. It felt amazing to be so welcomed and accepted. I'm thankful for all the work that has been put into VBS - my kids and the neighbor boy are having a wonderful time. VBS is here at the perfect time to distract them and I just felt loved tonight standing in the church lobby.

I'm thankful for my mom. I'm going to get more time with her. She turned the corner. She was moved to the step down unit from ICU around 10pm. I thought we were going to lose her Monday. I'm not ready yet, so I'm thankful for as many more days as we get. I'm hopeful there will be many.

I'm also thankful for my knowledge. I wonder how people who don't understand healthcare manage. I'm grateful for my education and my occupation. The opportunity to have gone to school and obtained my license. I feel so fortunate.

I'm heading to bed. For those friends of mine who were there at VBS and also read this blog... thanks for making a difference in my day today. I think you ladies are fabulous!!

No comments:

Post a Comment